Aeroacoustic CFD Engineer - Intermediate
Windsor, ON, CANADA |
- The Computational Fluids Dynamic (CFD) Engineer is responsible for performing simulations for aero/thermal development, support windnoise, buffeting and climate control acoustics development. The CFD Engineer will work closely with Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH) Integration engineers, HVAC/Interior, Body engineering as well as Advanced Concepts Engineering and Styling Studio to communicate simulation results and recommendations. The candidate will use several simulation software tools such as PowerFLOW, STAR-CCM+, OpenFOAM, and ANSA to perform required simulations. Detailed job duties include:
- Perform Vehicle Level Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations to support Aero/Thermal Development and assessment including windnoise, buffeting, and HVAC acoustics.
- Work on future vehicle programs with a focus on process efficiency and innovation.
- Pro-actively develop and carry out CFD simulations for new programs based on vehicle content and functional objectives.
- Work closely with aero/thermal integration engineers, release groups and design studios to communicate simulation results and implement design improvements.
- Prepare high quality presentations to communicate simulation results and design recommendations to various groups.
- Ensure CFD model validity and correlation on a continuous basis.
- Make design changes to demonstrate benefits and perform multiple 'what if' studies to guide the design process.
- Fully engage in vehicle development activity and proactively take ownership of simulation activity to best guide the design team.
- Participate in vehicle testing activities to enhance correlation between physical testing and virtual simulations.
- 3 years’ experience - Aeroacoustics development is a complex field with many intricacies that require cumulative years of experience.
- Direct experience of vehicle aerodynamics using CFD, and an understanding of acoustics and signal processing required. Typically, involvement in at least 1 vehicle programs will give a person adequate exposure to such details.
- Additional Must Haves:
- Experience of CFD applied to automotive aerodynamics.
- Knowledge of acoustics and signal processing.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Onsite/ Remote Hybrid (Predominantly remote with the expectation of limited travel to ARDC facility in Windsor.)
- No driving of company Vehicle
- No travel