Aerothermal CFD Engineer - Intermediate
Windsor, ON, CANADA |
- The Computational Fluids Dynamic (CFD) Engineer is responsible for performing simulations for aero/thermal development, support cooling, thermal protection and climate control development. The CFD Engineer will work closely with Aerodynamic engineers, Body engineering as well as Advanced Concepts Engineering and Styling Studio to communicate simulation results and recommendations. The candidate will use several simulation software tools such as Powerflow, STAR-CCM+, OpenFOAM, ANSA, Ensight and Paraview to perform required simulations. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Perform Vehicle Level Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations to support Aero/Thermal Development and assessment including powertrain cooling, HVAC cooling, air induction and thermal protection.
- Work on future vehicle programs with a focus on process efficiency and innovation.
- Proactively develop and carry out CFD simulations for new programs based on vehicle content and functional objectives.
- Work closely with aero/thermal integration engineers, release groups and design studios to communicate simulation results and implement design improvements.
- Prepare high quality presentations to communicate simulation results and design recommendations to various groups.
- Ensure CFD model validity and correlation on a continuous basis.
- Make design changes to demonstrate benefits and perform multiple 'what if' studies to guide the design process.
- Fully engage in vehicle development activity and proactively take ownership of simulation activity to best guide the design team.
- Participate in vehicle testing activities, including road trips from time to time to enhance correlation between physical testing and virtual simulations. Work with off shore teams as needed to execute projects.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience - Aero/thermal development is a complex field with many intricacies that require cumulative years of experience. Typically, involvement in at least 1 vehicle programs will give a person adequate exposure to such details.
- Strong Familiarity with CFD tools including mesh generation and solution post processing.
- Strong familiarity with CFD tools including mesh generation and solution postprocessing
- Aerodynamic experience (automotive preferred but can be aeronautics or academia)
- Basic knowledge or interest on automotive systems
- 3 years of experience
- Onsite/Remote Hybrid
- No traveling required. But it is possible that some trips to Michigan could occur for occasional meetings once Pandemic issues are controlled