Design Release Engineer - Intermediate
Windsor, ON, CANADA |
- Design and Release Engineer (DRE) - As part of Company’s Propulsion Systems, the engineer is responsible for designing, developing and releasing components in support of electrified powertrain integration. There are multiple positions open to support Base Engine and Electromechanical hardware development. This can include components specific to lubrication & cooling, sealing systems, cranktrain, sensors, fuel systems, noise absorption of Electric Drive Modules (EDM) / Generators / eMotors, and structural brackets for electrified components / modules. The engineer will work closely with designers, CAE groups, suppliers and manufacturing to design components and systems to ensure designs are robust for function and manufacturing. Responsibilities included but not limited to:
Product design from concept to launch, components/system packaging
- Releasing 2D drawing and 3D models, performance specifications and production product issue resolution.
- Creating and maintaining the DFMEA and DVP as well as conducting center of excellence reviews for design robustness.
- The engineer will be involved with current production components in addition to future development projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience
- Basic understanding of propulsion system calibration and vehicle components
- Basic knowledge of electric motors and gasoline engine operation.
- Engineer must have excellent communication and presentation skills as well as experience with basic PC software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Knowledge of hardware release process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies
- Candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed, and have the ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Additional experience in one or more of the following: Vehicle and engine control modules, designing components manufactured from plastic and metal stamping and/or OEM experience with advanced quality tools such as a DFMEA, DVPR, function models and/or NX CAD skills
- Experience releasing components at an OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
- Experience with 3D FEA and flow analysis
- Green Belt in Design for Six Sigma methodology.
- Able to travel to the US on occasion and within 100 miles of CTC
- Candidate must be highly motivated, self-directed, and have the ability to manage multiple complex projects – provide examples
- Basic knowledge of electric motors and gasoline engine operation
- Onsite/Remote Hybrid - Very little time required on site for teardown meetings <10% on average monthly
- No driving of company vehicle
- Amount of Travel - if so where: if so where: <10%, to suppliers as needed in NA