Design Release Engineer - Intermediate
Windsor, ON, CANADA |
- The Restraint Design Release Engineer (DRE) is responsible for the design, development and release of the seat belts and/or airbags to support our vehicle programs.
- Assignments include working with suppliers and other cross-functional areas to design, develop and release restraint components and systems. This will include writing source packages, specifications, change notices and overall supplier management to meet program timing and deliverables. Engineer will follow, track, root cause and manage to resolution issues found during development along with build issues found during pre-production and production launch builds.
- The DRE is expected to manage the development of the passive safety restraint requirements. The chosen candidate will work with other internal engineering organizations to package and develop the complete restraint system. The DRE will interface with purchasing, product design office, manufacturing and supply base groups to achieve program objectives.
- The restraint DRE is responsible for the review of test data and best practices to meet program requirements, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS), ECE and other global certifications.
- Must live in Windsor or surrounding area in Ontario.
- Hybrid Remote- some days required to work at the ARDC location. Work from home mostly and go to ARDC when you need to be there. It could be 1-2 days a week as needed.
- Must be able to travel to US for occasional meetings. Could be 1-2 meetings a month.
- Basic qualifications, experience, and knowledge
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited (or equivalent) University
- Minimum of 3-5 years of automotive engineering experience.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills required
- Experience with the design and release of seat belt components and systems
- Good communication, problem solving, computer and presentation skills.
- Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Restraint Systems Experience - airbags and/or seat belts
- FMVSS or Homologation testing and certification experience
- Experience with NX / TeamCenter CAD Software
- Familiar with PFMEA, DFMEA, DVP&R, FEA and CAE impact analysis tools
- Experience using proactive quality tools (Design for Six Sigma)
- Experience using reactive quality tools (Kepner-Tregoe / Shainin)
- DFSS Green Belt or Black Belt