Powertrain Engine OBD Calibration Engineer - Assoc
Windsor, ON, CANADA |
- The Powertrain Engine OBD Calibration Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing best practice calibration solutions and performing diagnostic verification testing and have the opportunity to develop new OBD strategies for engine and hybrid propulsion control systems. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage all technical aspects of the OBD diagnostic calibrations to meet CARB regulations.
- Identify system requirements during system hardware design to insure a robust diagnostic system.
- Use standard instrumentation toolsets for data acquisition, storage, and analysis.
- Calibrate diagnostic thresholds to meet CARB regulations.
- Provide regular overview summaries and detailed reports on specific assignments, including timing projections.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 0 - 3 years of experience in diagnostic systems calibration development
- Experience using Matlab and Simulink/Stateflow
- Basic understanding of electrified propulsion system hardware and function
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and business acumen
- Self-motivated/proactive with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team
- Basic computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database applications
- Remote with some travel to the US for meetings (only)
- Master's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 6mo - 3 years' experience in OBD calibration, propulsion system calibration, OBD Controls or propulsion controls within the electric, gasoline or diesel industry (Formula SAE or like programs)
Experience with INCA, Minitab, C++ and Visual Basic