Product Development Engineer – Circular Economy Powertrain - Intermediate
Auburn Hills, MI USA |
- The Product Development Engineer – Circular Economy Powertrain, manages the ideation and innovation phases of Circular Economy revenue opportunities and brings these opportunities to fruition. Opportunities are the 4 R’s - remanufacturing, recycle, re-use and repair. Once feasibility and profitability is approved, the engineer also manages the development and release of these programs, with a focus on remanufacturing opportunities. Selected candidate will track development and releases through the multiple departments to ensure parts are placed on shelf or sourcing of a particular program to a 3rd party supplier within agreed upon time schedules. This position requires a team player with excellent interpersonal skills able to work in a dynamic cross-functional team. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop project objectives and plans by providing input specific to product/process design requirements, project elements, and project scheduling.
- Determine product specifications by studying product design, requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Identify and implement (internally or at supplier) new and emerging technologies, equipment, and competencies required to support the portfolio growth.
- Understand engineering aspects of past-model parts, such as design, specifications, and materials, in order to release remanufactured parts without affecting original design intent.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of remanufacturing or repair experience in powertrains or hybrid drive system components.
- Powertrain plant manufacturing experience in transmission, or hybrid drive systems.
- Transmission, hybrid drive systems or product development.
- 5 years of remanufacturing or repair experience in powertrains or hybrid drive system components.
- Experience managing several simultaneous projects and ensure resources are allocated appropriately to meet timing.
- General understanding of finance. Profit & loss, business case, ROI.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings (GD&T Knowledge preferred but not required).
- Knowledgeable in Teamcenter & NX.
- Travel required to supplier sites or manufacturing facilities.
- Transmission focused role
- Experience in manufacturing of or remanufacturing of engines, transmissions or electric vehicle drive train components (high voltage or hybrid battery packs, electric drive motors) - MUST HAVE 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE (#1)
- Experience in the management or support of field returns of defective parts and analyzing and determine root cause of the failure modes for above commodities.
- Experience managing several simultaneous projects with deadlines.
- Onsite/ Remote Hybrid
- Driving a company vehicle is a requirement. - Clean driver's license.
- Amount of travel, of so where: 20-40%. North America (may be Mexico or Canada) but 99% USA.