Safety CAE Engineer - Intermediate
Windsor, ON, CANADA |
- Safety CAE Engineer is responsible for using advanced computer aided engineering
- (CAE) techniques and tools to meet vehicle crash safety performance. Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Create and/or update full vehicle crash finite element models using ANSA as needed
- Performing analysis using LS-Dyna to assess vehicle crashworthiness based on regulatory & third
- party assessment criteria.
- Using analysis results to develop design solutions to meet vehicle safety requirements for
- frontal/side/rear impact modes
- Develop structural enablers as needed for conventional gas engine and Plug-in hybrid variants.
- Prepare presentations and Communicate analysis results to various engineering organizations.
- Bachelors in Engineering from an ABET
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in CAE is required / 5 years preferred. The level of experience is critical in helping understand applications of complex non-linear analytical tools/software when root-causing and solving various automotive crash safety development related projects/assignments.
- The employee should be independently able to develop full vehicle impact models using software ANSA, and able to simulate various crash/safety modes using LS-Dyna. He/she should be able to debug the models, root-cause any performance issues, and be able to successfully identify solutions or alternate options to address the issues.
- CAE/Finite element analysis background
- ANSA experience
- LS DYNA experience
- Experience with auto industry product development
- 3 years of experience in CAE is required.
- Onsite / Remote Hybrid. Onsite location will be at the Windsor office
- No vehicle required during the assignment
- No travel